Spring Beauty Refresh
Spring is my favorite season, because it feels fresh and exciting. I've listed all the beauty products I've purchased to prepare for the warmer months ahead!
Refresh of the Basics
I generally prefer to take it easier on my hair, skin, lashes, etc once it warms up in order to recover from winter, so I looked for light and nourishing formulas.
1. Definicils primer and mascara: The primer preps and protects my lashes while the mascara sharply defines them without clumping or flaking.
2. Pro Longwear Nourishing Waterproof Foundation: This foundation has a medium coverage, and the texture doesn't slide off my face. I can use it as a concealer in my t-zone with BB cream all over or as an all-over foundation when I need a little more coverage.
3. Bi-Facil Double Action Eye Makeup Remover: This stuff has a cult following and for good reason. It's one of the only products that actually succeeds in removing all my eye makeup without making me feel like an oil slick afterwards.
4. Skindinavia: The Makeup Finishing Spray: One of my co-workers told me about this product, so I had to order it to try it out! It comes in a super large bottle, so I don't think I'll be running out anytime soon. When I use it, color does not budge from my face, but it doesn't create its own texture like some setting sprays and powders do.
Let's Glow Already
In the winter I prefer a more matte finish to my makeup, but now I'm ready to glow! My skin has been looking a little dull lately from the prolonged cold weather.
5. Genefique: Now that I'm working in the beauty industry, skincare has become a major priority to me. One of the most important things with skincare is to start a regimen early to combat signs of aging. I decided to give Genefique a try. It's Lancome's #1 serum, and for good reason. It fights all signs of aging. When I press it into my skin, (not rub!) it absorbs immediately.
6. Mac Strobe Cream in Goldlite: Mac's Strobe Cream is one of a kind. It comes in a few shades depending on your skin's undertones. Generally, my skin and coloring can go warm or cool, so I decided to go with Goldlite to bring out my golden undertones for the warmer weather ahead! I mix this in with my foundation to give me an extra glow.
7. Extra Dimension Blush in Sweets for My Sweet: This blush is designed to reflect light, so it gives me a "lit from within" look. Everyone seems to be skipping blush these days, but I think it can give everyone a softer and brighter look.
8. Bronze Goddess Eau Fraîche Skinscent: I love this fragrance, because it reminds me of summer without smelling like straight sunscreen. I smell amber, vanilla, coconut, citrus, and sandalwood when I wear it, but click on the link to see a listing of every note it contains! Smelling this in the morning has been a serious mood-booster for me!
*The eyeshadow palette was included in a gift with purchase from Estee Lauder! Go check out their products today to see what you can receive with your next purchase!